Download the Free Course Catalog
Certified Event Planner Program
If you are new to event planning or a seasoned pro, this is the perfect time to become a Certified Event Planner!
The 2-Day Event Planning Certificate Program is designed with skills in time management, budget development, fundraising, verbal and written communication, and contract negotiation. We teach you how to strategically plan events from start to finish!
You will learn how to plan meetings, special events, and fundraisers. After completing the class, you will become a Certified Event Planner. Corporate events, Non-Profit events, and Social events are covered in our Event Planner program. Seating is limited to 24 participants per class. Enroll today.
The CEP prepares you for professional career opportunities.
- Special Events Planner
- Corporate Events Planner
- Exhibition Coordinator
- Convention Planner
- Special Events Manager
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Meeting & Event Planner
- Program Coordinator
- Campaign Event Coordinator
- Sales & Catering Manager
- Conference Operations Manager
- Wedding & Event Manager
- Independent Event Planner
Correlations has offered its training for over a decade to Fortune 500 companies, Ivy League Universities, and individuals eager to learn proven strategies to make an impact at their events. Upon completion of our program, you will be certified to plan events in the US and in multiple countries throughout the world. Our certification can lead to full pay and benefits, starting a business, or becoming an independent contractor
What you can expect to learn
- Define event goals and SMART objectives
- Create a blueprint of work including an event agenda, floor plans, and seating
- Apply event formulas to create and develop an event budget
- Develop a comprehensive timeline with deliverables
- The value of emotional currency and booking speakers
- Learn how to ease travel stress (ground transportation and flights)
- Learn the event planner income and how to price event services
- Fundraising and Sponsorships for cost-cutting and ROI
- Meeting planning fundamentals
- Event planning key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Venue site inspections and vendor negotiations
- Food, dessert, and beverage planning
- Staffing and volunteer coordination
- Event marketing and social media logistics
- Onsite event management and apps
- Document events with a follow up and 'postmortem'
- How to start an event planning business
- Event planning contracts and service agreements
- How to develop an event planning portfolio